Wonder what it is that makes moods swing to and fro? I suppose from my Buddist readings I'm learning that it's all about our thoughts and our attachments. Letting go of thoughts and attachments is pretty much impossible, especially the thoughts part of that equation. At least there's some chance of learning to lesson one's attachments to things and people, but thoughts, well, we're pretty much stuck with those. What I find fascinating is how easy it is to believe everything we think is real. Even when you know it's not, or that it's an accurate perception, it's still virtually impossible sometimes to let go of believing the 'thought' is true...
So sometimes when an upsetting thought comes to me, even thought I work on letting it pass, the mood or emotional reaction to that thought is still triggered. The Buddists say to simply watch that feeling and be with it, and some psychology says that as well. The New Consciousness movement often advises that one turn one's attention to something else in order to raise your energy vibration. Figuring out which way to go sometimes even triggers a 'mood' too! Lately my mood has been 'I don't give a shit anymore.' This may seem like a negative reaction, but I don't know that it is necessarily. Mostly it just feels like I try and try and struggle and struggle and really, life is going to do what it's going to do and I have absolutely no control over it, so why bother worrying about any of it? Of course, I still worry and feel troubled...and so it goes.
All this writing about moods and philosophy and thinking makes me remember a DVD I watched and really enjoyed called 'Letting Go of God: Breaking Up is Hard to Do.' It's not for the seriously religious-minded or the serious-anything-minded. It's a roll on the floor laughing look at how people get caught up in their beliefs! Watch it and see where you get caught up...
Ok, I think that's enough philosophizing for one day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment