Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

It's snowy and in the 20s with a -1 wind chill...not a day for flitting about. I'm staying warm with cups of tea and my kitties, talks with friends and family, and perhaps watching a movie later. I'm doing what I want to do, be it a load of laundry or a hot bath. I'm alone, but not lonely. I had a note this morning from one friend then a call from another, both doing exactly the same thing--I find comfort in that. I also read this quote on Oprah, which I think is a nice summation of what Christmas is about, perhaps only in a secular way, but still a way to which many will relate.

“What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.”
— Agnes M. Pharo

I hope peace finds each of you on this day and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment