When your (ex) husband lives 3 blocks up the street in a one block town, the odds of running into him are pretty high. For the longest time I didn't even GO downtown, because I couldn't bear to look at the place he was living, and know he was living there without me. I wouldn't have minded him having an apartment of his own, if only somehow we'd been able to share that experience. But sharing isn't what he wants, and I'm trying my best of be respectful of his finding himself... (And yes, it does hurt me sometimes...) As a result, I need protection against reacting negatively when I do run into him out in the world.
Lately I've been working with different types of protection so that when I go to town it doesn't matter whether I happen to encounter him or not. Of course, prayer is a good place to start, but it never hurts to give God a little extra help, or maybe it's just God giving me some 'visuals' to hold on to. I've found several things that really seem to give me some relief.
First, during meditation I have a technique I refer to as pinch and twist. (Oddly enough, this works well on the soft flesh inside the upper arm, if you really want to hurt someone!) But this particular pinch and twist isn't nearly as deadly--simply picture the umbilical cord of light that connects your energy with that of another person and work to tighten up that flow of energy. Feel it at your core, then give it a strong twist followed by a pinch. This will keep the other person's energy field from melding with your own, or them from sucking energy from you.
Second, I imagine myself surrounded by an invisible force field. I see it as a field of light, but it glitters like a diamond, so I'm completely encased with the prism-like glitter of diamonds. Not only am I safe, but I'm very happy in my jeweled cocoon! I also take a flower remedy called Pink Yarrow. (Flower remedies work on your emotions, and you can find one for just about anything at the local health food market.) Pink yarrow is especially good for very sensitive people, and again, keeps the negative energy of others at bay.
Finally, I have a beautiful rainbow obsidian necklace that I love to wear when I'm in crowds or around you know who. This stone is used to dissolve shock, fear, or barriers, help expand consciousness, and sharpen the senses. Obsidian helps to protect the very sensitive against depression. It is the stone of the soft hearted and gentle people of the world. Use obsidian to help block negativity of any kind. As a black gemstone, it symbolizes self control and resilience. Black stones have protective energies in the sense that black is the absence of light, and therefore, can be used to create invisibility.
Maybe these things operate on an energetic level -- that's what I believe anyway. I've found they work for me, when I can remember to use even one or all of them before I go somewhere that has the potential to be a negative situation. I find that the more I turn to my inner guidance system and use the messages coming from it, the more protected I feel in the world. If you're grieving, you might give any one of these a try. Not much to lose really, except the pain that comes from an unexpected encounter with the one you love who no longer loves you. Then when you do have that encounter, simply be grateful that you love yourself enough to have worn your battle armor out into the world of loss!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment