This morning I had a group of people from Leadership Callaway here for breakfast and a tour of the house. I had most of the food ready ahead of time, so it wasn't too big of a deal, except the getting up early part. Like Electra, Evangeline doesn't like 'waking up' early! Still, that was a good thing money-wise, too, and always nice to show-off the house to people who've never been here. And I'm finally getting the hang of speaking of it as 'my' house--that's taken a while, and I still slip from time to time and say 'we,' but I do much better.
It's weird, the way I've been feeling lately. Sad, but realistic. Life has played out the way it has, and there's nothing I can do to change it. For the first time ever, I feel that perhaps I've found 'surrender/acceptance.' Truly, there's no where else to go but there. I don't particularly like this place, but I'm grateful for the 'good' parts--the house, my cats, my friends and family, Spring's arrival. I'm trying not to dwell on the rest of it. Yes, it creeps in, but Evangeline is much better at keeping it under control than Electra was. She can hold the vessel for the grief though. I know it's still there, and for now, it needs to be honored. Still, it doesn't need to rule the world.
I have a busy weekend, and I'm looking forward to the challenge of hanging new wallpaper in my bathroom. I hope I can pull that off successfully, as I have a guest using my room one night next week! I'm choosing to believe I can! I can! I can!

No comments:
Post a Comment